– Less collision repairs in general. Because of the technology will be such that cars will be largely free from human error, there will be less collisions.
– Less high-ticket cars coming into shops. Because it’s projected that customers of high-end luxury cars will make up a large portion of early adopters of driverless cars, shops will see less of these coming for repairs.
– Repairs will require a higher and different level of skill. Because the technology is different than traditional cars, different procedures, equipment and technology will be needed for the repairs.
– It’s expected that OEMS will enter the collision repair industry. It makes sense that because OEMS will be so vested in driverless car technology, they’ll not only enter the insurance sector but also the car repair industry as well.
– Savvy shops will shift from “necessity” to luxury services. Those shops with strong marketing strategies will have an upper hand in the market showcasing these services.
Although fully autonomous cars are still in the future, in the meantime we here at Orlando Auto Body are prepared to restore your car to its pre-accident condition in the unfortunate event you have a collision. Call us today at (480) 844-4858.