Although statistically you’re chances of avoiding a car collision are very low there are some things you can do to lessen your chances. Here are 5 things you can do to avoid a collision:
1. Keep your eyes on the road. When you’re driving, you should be focused on the road, your surroundings and other cars—and nothing else.
2. Never use your cell phone. When driving, it’s best to put your cell phone on mute and put it where you can’t see it. This way you’re not tempted to answer a call if it comes in, text or even see what’s going on on your social media at red lights.
3. . Never eat or drink when you drive. This takes focus and concentration to pick up your food and/or drink and can distract you from driving.
4. Avoid construction areas. Although this can be difficult as road construction is common, avoid construction areas when you can. Orange pylons (cones) that guide you through a different route or detour can be confusing to many drivers and lead to collisions.
5. Follow speed limits. This alone can prevent many accidents. When you drive at slower speeds you’re more in control of your vehicle and have more time to react to situations such as stopped vehicles or other obstructions in the roadway.
If you’re in a collision of any type, please call us at 480-428-2783. We’re here to help and take pride in restoring your car to its pre-accident condition.