- January 20, 2019
- By admin
- In Auto body repair
- Tags Auto Body repair, auto body shop, body shop, car detailing, car repair, collision, collision repair, Paint, professional detailing, Repair
The repair process after an accident is one with many different phases. First, there is an examination of the vehicle. Then the actual repairs are made. Paint and other minor issues are touched up. Then finally, the auto body shop taking care of these repairs has the responsibility of cleaning the car through a professional detailing process that will make it look brand new. Although professional detailing might seem like one of the lesser parts of bringing your vehicle back to before-accident condition, it is not something you should overlook. In fact, any driver having repairs done at a body shop should insist on professional detailing before pulling off of the lot.
What Is Professional Detailing?
Many people think that traditional car washing and professional detailing are the same, but this is similar to comparing apples to oranges. A professional detailing goes past your usual car cleaning to make the vehicle look spotless, inside and out. There is no automated, drive through system used with professional detailing. Instead, everything is done by hand by cleaning experts. There are two parts to the professional detailing process: what happens on the inside and what happens on the outside.
Interior Car Cleaning: This portion of the professional detailing process ensures that all of the inner parts of the vehicle are pristine. Steam-cleaning and vacuuming are usually a part of interior detailing as is the wiping down of everything inside. Glass cleaning, leather trimming, and perfuming will give your vehicle that ‘new car’ feel and smell. Traditional car washing just can’t compete with the benefits of professional detailing performed by a qualified body shop.
Exterior Car Cleaning: Once professional detailing has taken place inside of the vehicle, the outside will be restored. Tires, wheels, windows, and all other visible parts will be thoroughly cleansed. A lot of vehicle owners say that the washing and drying, polishing and sealing with a glossy shine provided after repairs have been made are one of the perks of using a professional body shop over a ‘shade tree’ mechanic.
Of course, these are just the basics. There are other add-ons that you can request from your auto body shop when considering the ultimate look of your car post-accident. These include engine detailing, trim repainting, polishing of the vehicle’s headlights, and engine pressure cleaning.
The final part of a professional detailing, and probably the most essential part of this type of car cleaning is the analyzation of the paint and checking for chipping, peeling, and flaking. At this point, repairs will make any small fixes so that the vehicle can be handed over in pristine condition.
What Does It Matter?
You might be wonder what is the point of professional detailing being included in repairs. This is especially true if you’ve been doing your own car cleaning for years. But there are several benefits to professional detailers cleaning your vehicle after an accident.
- It saves you money. Professional detailing is pricy. Having it included in your repair process can save you some change that you would have spent on car cleaning later on.
- It adds resale value to your car. Regardless of the mileage or overall condition of the vehicle, a dirty car or truck simply won’t resell like a clean one. Imagine walking into a messy home that was for sale versus one that had been staged and cleaned. Even if that filthy home were just what you wanted, the condition would probably be a cause of concern.
- It expands the lifespan of your vehicle. Professional detailing helps maintain the engine, paint condition, and many other important parts of your car. Professional car cleaning saves you money by allowing your current vehicle to meet your needs for a longer period of time.
- Helps you avoid future accidents. One final consideration is that by having your car professionally detailed, you can prevent future accidents. Annually, there are many crashes are caused by debris on a dirty windshield blocking the driver’s view. Having a clean vehicle can’t eliminate the possibility of having another accident, but it can reduce it.
Still, if you find yourself in need of vehicle repairs or professional detailing, call Orlando Auto Body at 480-485-4653 to discuss ways we can help you.